17 September 2009

All ready to go

So I can already feel the whirlwind brewing. Tomorrow my travel starts as I fly out of Portland at 9:18 a.m. for Philadelphia where the two-day orientation in the U.S. takes place.

As I say my goodbye's I'm doing my best to keep from looking back, but it's a tough thing to do. It's odd because I never say a goodbye and really feel like I've done it justice. I usually leave feeling like there's more to be said, especially for the people closest to me. I hope everyone understands that I will be thinking of them and will only look forward to the next time paths cross again. I figure any goodbye worth saying is only temporary and that helps. Meanwhile, the excitement of the unknown that is to come pushes me forward.

2 comments:

  1. Salut Chris!
    Aujourd'hui, le 17 septembre, c'est mon anniversaire. Alors comme tu pars ce jour là, je suis obligé de penser à toi! Je rentre juste de soirée où je suis allé au resto et ai bu quelques bières avec mes potes. Avant d'aller me coucher, je tenais à te féliciter pour ton engagement dans le Peace Corps. Je trouve que ce que tu fais est admirable; 27 mois, c'est long... J'espère que tout se passera bien pour toi et je me réjouis d'entendre de tes nouvelles.

    Je t'attends aussi quand tu seras de visite à Lausanne! A plus,
    Nico, le ptit Suisse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon anniversaire Nico! J'acheterais toi une biere si j'etais la. Pourtant je suis pas la alors tu doit attendre jusqu'au 2012 quand arrive a Lousanne, et te fier a moi, le jour arrivera! Prends-soin mec!

    ReplyDelete